Video Game Review Series- Episode 1

God of War is an action-adventure game developed by Santa Monica with Sony Interactive Entertainment as the publisher. This game was released as a PlayStation exclusive game in 2018, but in 2022 it was ported to Windows. It is the eighth game in the God of War franchise. The iconic character of this franchise, Kratos, is presented totally differently from the past seven games. 

It is the first game that I have played on my new laptop. The first thing that I have noticed in this game is the graphics. This was so astonishing that it pulled me into the world of Norse mythology. 

One of the pluses of this game is the narrative style; the way they narrate a story is worth mentioning. Santa Monica used a key narrative tool in this game, which is a single-shot technique. In movies, we are amazed to see a one- or two-minute single-shot scene. But in this game, the whole game itself is made of single shots. 



We cannot encounter any cuts in between the scenes in this game. This made me feel like I was travelling with Kratos and his son, Atreus. It is very difficult to portray a famous character like Kratos as a soft, lovable, and responsible father. All credit goes to the team at Santa Monica for the presentation of Kratos.

 The most important element of a game is the gameplay. In my opinion, the gameplay of God of War is pretty good. It kept me tied to my chair with the controller in my hands for many hours. It is not at all boring when I play God of War because it has much interactive stuff, and even while we travel from one place to another in this game, we are engaged in conversation with Atreus and Mimir. 

So, God of war is a highly recommended game from my side. 

For the game God of War, I give it 5 stars.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We have only one life

Encounter Ekambaram